Sakura Spotlight Series: Brian Hershman
Spotlight Series Q&A for Entrepreneurs
Brian Hershman of Buck Stops Here Accounting has been running the show since he was just a boy and hasn’t stopped since. Not only does he manage his own business, he gives others the tools to be successful in their own endeavors, a service that is truly priceless.
- Tell us a little bit about your business and what you do.
I operate Buck Stops Here Accounting which focuses on budgeting, bookkeeping, discounting, and providing solutions for business owners.
- What made you aspire to be an entrepreneur?
From a young age, I always loved organizing and creating things and executing ideas from scratch, whether it be organizing a video game tournament or a lemonade store.
- What is the one thing you wish you had known before starting your own business?
Watch your money everyday like hawk. Always know your accounting (if not, stop all operations and sales until you do).
- What has been the most successful avenue for building and growing your brand/business (social media, ads, word of mouth, referrals, etc.)?
Word of mouth, testimonials, online website, referrals, previous businesses, and SOCIAL MEDIA!
- What are the aspects of your business that you enjoy the most?
Learning about different business models. More so, seeing someone’s vision and aiding them to victory.
- What do you love doing in your free time to refuel and have fun?
Training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.