Sakura Spotlight Series: Amit Patel
Amit Patel provides stellar consulting services to clients seeking to develop business strategies, establish digital capabilities, reimagine organizational design, and improve organizational performance. He’s worked with some of the world’s biggest companies and we’re honored to know him and share his story with you!
1. Tell us a little bit about your business and what you do.
I am the founder and managing director of Mythos Group. Mythos Group is a management consulting firm, operating across multiple sectors, working with Fortune 500 companies and start-ups.
Mythos Group undertakes business strategy, transformation (digital / HR / organizational), and leadership coaching engagements. We compete against management consultancies (such as Accenture, Deloitte, PwC, BCG, McKinsey) as well as smaller groups.
2. What made you aspire to be an entrepreneur?
The excitement of being the master of my own destiny! It provides me a platform to do what I love without being tied down with corporate politics and such.
3. What is the one thing you wish you had known before starting your own business?
A better understanding of all the city, local and federal regulatory nuances.
4. What has been the most successful avenue for building and growing your brand/business (social media, ads, word of mouth, referrals, etc.)?
All of Mythos Group’s growth to date has come from word-of-mouth recommendations – which is testament to the firm’s effectiveness and its clients’ levels of satisfaction.
5. What are the aspects of your business that you enjoy the most?
One of the things I enjoy the most is developing long-lasting and meaningful relationships with clients. Helping clients through their toughest challenges is something that I enjoy immensely!
6. What do you love doing in your free time to refuel and have fun?
These are some, but not all of the things, I enjoy doing to refuel and have fun –
traveling, reading, photography, listening and playing music, watching movies, spending quality time with friends and family, and doing philanthropical work.